27 Oct Fall Tricks for a Spring Treat!
We are excited to start playing in the leaves as our crews are beginning landscape fall clean-up service. While preparing your beds for the winter may be the last thing you want to do; it is arguably the most important. This time of the year, it is essential to winterize your property to ensure the health of your plant life for the spring.
Fall clean-ups can consist of many different tasks; here at Sun Valley Landscaping, we like to focus on key areas:
- Cleanup leaves in beds and lawn
- Remove any remaining weeds in beds
- Prune shrubs and cut back select perennials
- Remove suckers and saplings from trees
- Rake around beds to tidy natural edges and boarders
- Revive mulch and tidy rock beds
- Empty hoses of water and winterize irrigation system
Annual flowers that have begun to brown and shrivel will need to be removed. Perennials, on the other hand, should be cut back just above the crown of the plant. Some plants, like ornamental grasses, continue to provide gorgeous winter interest in their dried state.
Every garden and garden lover is unique. Even though these practices make up a typical fall clean-up, if you would like to customize your service, please let us know right away.